Who We Are
Who We Are
Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative was organized on August 14, 1940. The Cooperative started operations with 1,680 members inherited from the South Carolina Rural Electrification Authority. Blue Ridge now serves almost 66,000 members over 6,900 miles of power line. The cooperative currently has 160 employees and also utilizes a number of contract crews in its line construction and maintenance programs.
As a member-owned utility, Blue Ridge places a premium on providing dependable service. Every aspect of the cooperative's operation is member-driven, as opposed to profit-driven. Substantial resources are devoted to maintaining the electrical distribution system in optimal condition. In addition, employees are dedicated to delivering reliable service in every phase of the operation. Cutting-edge technology is applied throughout the cooperative enterprise, but the human touch at Blue Ridge ensures that the member receives the highest priority. Quality service is at the heart of a cooperative organization. Blue Ridge endeavors to operate to the fullest extent possible in accordance with that philosophy.
Our mission statement reflects who we are: Blue Ridge will be a competitive, quality provider of energy and other service, maintaining its history of integrity and adapting to the challenges of a changing world. While exercising leadership in the community, the organization's focus will be on exceeding customer expectations.
Board of Trustees
Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative is governed by a nine member Board of Trustees elected on a rotating basis at the Annual Meeting of Members.
Joel R. Davis, Chairman
Franklin M. Looper, Jr., Treasurer
William G. Elrod
Spencer Dalton, Vice-Chairman
Ben G. Bolt
Len D. Talley, Secretary
Jimmy Lee Dodgens