Effective July 31, 2018, Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative will no longer accept applications for NET METERING. Starting August 1, 2018, the cooperative will transition to a NET BILLING rate design.
SOLAR STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE PRIOR TO INSTALLATION
1. A Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative representative will briefly discuss the interconnection process, all necessary documentation, submissions and review billing expectations.
2. Secure your solar system design proposal.
3. Submit the Application to Interconnect along with the following:
a. Application Fee ($100.00 Residential, $250.00 nonresidential)
b. Proof of Personal Liability Insurance ($100,000.00 minimum)
c. One-line diagram for proposed system installation and connection
Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative
P.O. Box 277
Pickens, South Carolina 29671
ATTN: Stephen Strickland
4. Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative will review application and determine if the proposed system meets the Interconnection Standard.
a. The Member will be notified of adjustments needed to meet the standard.
b. The modified/altered designs will be resubmitted for review.
5. The county office having jurisdiction will be sent the approval letter to issue the permit for the system installation.
6. Once the system has been installed and released by the county having jurisdiction, the member will be responsible for notifying the Cooperative to proceed with the metering modifications.
7. Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative will schedule a time to verify the system installation meets the Interconnection Standard.
a. Typically verification occurs within a two-week period, but may extend longer.
b. The Member will be notified of adjustments needed to meet the standard.
8. Verified System will be commissioned by installation of pre-programmed, bidirectional net-metering unit.